Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's Official: Sustainability Analyst Declares Jessica Simpson is 'my Valentine'

The word has gotten out and Jon Randall is not denying it. After seven weeks of speculation, originally broke by US Weekly, the non-profit sustainability analyst, 23, confirmed the rumor by the 4th floor vending machine: "Jessica Simpson is my Valentine."

Throughout her three year marriage to Nick, he admits to an on-again-off-again crush on the Dukes of Hazzard star. "I realize it's poor form to make a play for a married woman," he says, lifting the tab off a Dr. Pepper, "I'm just glad my feelings can be out in the open now."

It's no secret that the two-time national service alum has a thing for blond fashion plates. He's recently been linked to Janet, an out-of-work hairdresser and Courtney, an aspiring concert celloist.

But what about Simpson whose been linked to Josh Lucas, Trace Ayala, Jude Law, and was recently reported to have had a "sleepover" at the Chateau Marmont with Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine, is the attraction one-sided?

CaCee Cobb, Jess's personal shadow, could not be reached for comment, but an insider close to her doesn't seem to think so. "She really likes him. She really likes a lot of people right now, but as someone who works in the non-profit world, he understands the demands of her job. She appreciates that."

Match.com's Kristin Kelly goes a step further. "He's easygoing, understands economics, and is handsome. He even made a $10 donation in Jessica's name to MSPCA. That was sweet. Jessica tends to gravitate toward caring and mature men, maybe because of the close relationship with her dad. This could be good!"
So what's on tap for this cozy couple on Valentine's Day? "I'm not really sure," sighs Jon, "I mean I thought about flying out to L.A. to surprise her, but her publicist's assistant gave me some helpful romance tips and said 'Jessica does not like surprises' and that she likes guys to 'respect her privacy.' I still feel like I should do something for her."

Claire from ehow.com recommends that long distance lovers should get creative when it comes to Valentine's Day. "Fax a photocopy of candy hearts with endearing messages such as 'Miss You' or 'U R Hot' or make a short film ahead of time with only you in it, telling your significant other how much they mean to you."

"I don't know," Jon shrugs, taking a last gulp from his Dr. Pepper, "I just wish there was a way for her to know that I'm thinking about her. Isn't that what we all want on Valentine's Day?"

No comments: